I believe E. W. King's father, Thomas Waldron King, was my great-great-grandfather John King's brother, and that their parents were Thomas King, who was a Church of Ireland scripture reader in Selerna, County Galway, and Elizabeth.
Here's what I have on Thomas & Elizabeth's children.
I'm basing their siblinghood on the fact that the Clifden marriage records of Mary, Thomas Waldron, and William John list their father as Thomas King, scripture reader.
1. Mary Maria King (1836-1893)
2. John King (?-?)
3. Thomas Waldron King (~1850-1917)
4. William John King (~1853-)
1. Mary Maria KING Birth: 20 Dec 1836, Selerna, County Galway, Ireland Death: 22 Nov 1893, Cincinnati, Hamilton Co, Ohio, USA Burial: Spring Grove Cemetery, Cincinnati Res Milough (Moylough) at time of marriage. She and her husband emigrated to U.S. before June 1860. They had ten children; four died in infancy; only two, Alice (1870-1946, m. Fredrick COMPTON) and Samuel (~1873-1898, m. Emily WILLIAMS), had children. Spouse: Patrick ODONNELL Birth: 25 Mar 1835, Ireland Death: 8 Apr 1885, Cincinnati, Hamilton Co, Ohio Father: Festus ODONNELL Mother: Sarah --- Marr: 20 May 1859, Christ Church (Church of Ireland), Clifden, County Galway
2. John KING Birth: County Galway, Ireland Spouse: --- --- Birth: County Galway, Ireland Children: Elizabeth Frances (1870-1957) 2.1 Elizabeth Frances KING (Lizzie) Birth: 26 Jul 1870, County Galway, Ireland Death: 12 Jan 1957, Cincinnati, Hamilton Co, Ohio Burial: Spring Grove Cemetery, Cincinnati Reli: Church of Ireland/Episcopal Arrived alone in port of New York 26 June 1887 on the S.S. Aurania, which had departed Liverpool 18 June, then stopped at Queenstown (Cobh), County Cork. She headed to Cincinnati because her aunt Mary King O'Donnell lived there. Spouse: Samuel Foster MONTAGUE (1857-1922)
3. Rev. Thomas Waldron KING Birth: abt 1850, Clifden, Omey civil parish, County Galway, Ireland Death: 8 Dec 1917, Rostrevor, Kilbroney parish, County Down, Northern Ireland Occ: schoolteacher; Church of Ireland clergyman Educ: Trinity College, Dublin Spouse: Caroline GIBB Birth: abt 1854 Death: 30 Nov 1926 Father: Andrew GIBB occ: engineer Marr: 28 Jul 1875, Christ Church (Church of Ireland), Clifden, Omey parish, County Galway Per James B. Leslie, CLOGHER CLERGY AND PARISHES (1929), Thomas Waldron King was 68 at his death in Dec 1917, which would make his birth year 1849; per his marriage record, he was 22 on his marriage date, 28 July 1975, which would make his birth year 1852 or 1853. At the time of his marriage he was living in Selerna, County Galway, and working as a schoolteacher; so was his wife. He served parishes in British Honduras 1896-1903; Broomfield parish, 1903-1909, and Currin parish, 15 Apr 1909-?, both County Monaghan. The Leslie entry in full: Currin. Rectors and Vicars. 1909.--Thomas Waldron King, inst. April 15 (D.R.), b. at Clifden, Co. Galway, son of Thomas and Elizabeth King, ed. at T.C.D., ord. D. 1896, Dub., P. 1898 Honduras, C. Orange Walk, Brit. Hond. 1896-7, V. St. Augustine, Brit. Honduras, 1899-1903, R. S. Paul, Corozal, B. Hond., 1899-1903, C.-in-Charge Broomfield, 1903-9. m. Caroline --, and had issue. His eldest son William Henry, d. at Pretoria, S.A., in Jan., 1924. His 2nd son, Ernest, was drowned with the Titanic, April 1912. He d. at Rostrevor, Dec. 8, 1917, aged 68. His wid. Caroline d. Nov. 30, 1926. Children: William Henry (-1924) Ernest Waldron (~1883-1912) Charles Hume (->1971) 3.1 William Henry KING Death: Jan 1924, Pretoria, South Africa 3.2 Ernest Waldron KING 3.3 Charles Hume KING Death: aft Mar 1971 In March 1971 Charles Hume King had an organ installed at Currin parish church (Church of Ireland, in Clones civil parish, County Monaghan), in memory of his parents, per a June 2005 e-mail from Susan Hood, RCB (Representative Church Body) Library, Dublin.
4. William John KING Birth: abt 1853 Occ: schoolteacher Spouse: Catherine FERRY Birth: abt 1855 Father: Thomas FERRY occ: agriculturist Marr: 28 Mar 1878, Christ Church (Church of Ireland), Clifden, Omey civil parish, County Galway, Ireland