Discover the true history of RMS Titanic
Encyclopedia Titanica tells the stories of the real people that designed, built and sailed on RMS Titanic.
Through detailed articles and biographies you will discover the truth about the greatest shipwreck in history.
Titanic On this Day...
The following people were born
- OLSEN, Mr Karl Siegwart Andreas — 28th January 1870
- PELHAM, Mr George — 28th January 1873
- KIERAN, Mr Edgar Michael — 28th January 1878
- HESKETH, Mr John Henry — 28th January 1879
- RYAN, Mr Edward — 28th January 1888
- HENRY, Miss Bridget — 28th January 1890
- COLLYER, Miss Marjorie Lottie — 28th January 1904
- JOHNSON, Master Harold Theodor — 28th January 1908
The following people died
- CRAIN, Mrs Annie Durand — 28th January 1918
- CARTER, Master William Thornton II — 28th January 1985
- LAROCHE, Miss Louise — 28th January 1998
- Video: The Carpathia at her berth in New York
- Graphic Story of Titanic Survivors' Rescue
- Surviving Titanic stewards in Washington DC
- Who occupied the finest suite on the Titanic?
- Film of Titanic Survivor and Wimbledon tennis champion
- S.S. Algerine joins the recovery effort
- The rich widows' friend
- Shipyard Accident
- Six Seconds to Disaster: The Death of Titanic
- Birma's wireless bears witness!
New and Continuing Discussions
- Electricity During Sinking (Incony)
- Where did the "ice on the well deck" come from? (Thomas Krom)
- The most handsome men on Titanic? (Brian Ahern)
- First Funnel Collapse (Kyle Naber)
- Mystery ship candidates (Arun Vajpey)
- Officers' club in NYC? (Seumas)
- Lady Duff-Gordon (Brian Ahern)
- SS Californian wireless operator did NOT cost lives by sleeping through Titanic distress call (Jim Currie)
- Raised Floor Beneath Reciprocating Engines (Brody Tarrant)
- Titanic COULD be raised A Matter of fact (Brody Tarrant)
Hope you are enjoying Encyclopedia Titanica! Sign Up and enjoy the site without adverts!