LAKE SHIP FLAGS LOWERED

Chicago Examiner

Placed at Half-Mast in Memory of President J. B. Thayer

Duluth, April 20--Flags were placed at half-mast on all ships of the Anchor Line in the harbor here today, out of respect for President J. B. Thayer of that line, whose life was lost in the Titanic steamship wreck.  The Anchor Line is a subsidiary of the Pennsylvania Railroad of which Mr. Thayer was second vice president.

Chicago Examiner, Sunday, April 21, 1912

Related Biographies:

John Borland Thayer

Relates to Place:

Duluth, Minnesota, United States

Relates to Ship:

Titanic

Acknowledgements

Thomas E. Golembiewski

Comment and discuss

500
Leave a comment...

Citation

Copyright © 1996-2019 Encyclopedia Titanica (www.encyclopedia-titanica.org) and third parties (ref: #11964, published 25 March 2011, generated 3rd December 2019 03:05:25 PM)
URL : https://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/lake-ship-flags-lowered.html