Frank Alfred Parsons was born in Freemantle, Southampton, Hampshire, England on 7 October 1885.
He was the son of William Parsons (b. 1848), a civil engineer, and Charlotte Flood (b. 1848), both natives of Southampton who had married in 1875. Besides Frank, they had three other children: William Thomas (b. 1876), Jessie Charlotte (b. 1880) and Maud Elizabeth (b. 1887).
On the 1891 census his father was absent but he and his family were living at 18 Lodge Road, Freemantle. His mother died sometime after this and by the time of the 1901 census Frank's father was described as a widower when he and his two younger children were living at 96 Millbrook Road, Shirley, Southampton. By this time, Frank, like his father, had followed the engineering path and was described as an apprentice fitter.
He was served his apprenticeship with the Isle of Wight Steam Packet Company and later served for two years with the Union Castle Line before joining the White Star Line in April 1910. He held a second class engineers' certificate.
Frank was married in Southampton in 1910 to Elizabeth Edith Betteridge (b. 1886), a native of Southampton. The newly married couple appeared on the 1911 census living at 38 Bugle Street, Southampton and Frank was described as a marine engineer. They would have no children.
When he signed on to the Titanic, on 6 April 1912, Frank gave is address as 38 Bugle Street, (Southampton) and his previous ship as the Olympic. As Senior 5th Engineer he could expect to earn monthly wages of £10.
Frank Parsons died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified. The following death notice appeared in the Hampshire Independent (unknown date):
PARSONS--April 15th, at sea, on s.s. Titanic, Frank Alfred, aged 26, the dearly loved husband of Edith Parsons, of 38 Bugle-street, Southampton. Deeply mourned. "Only good-night, beloved, not farewell."
He is also remembered on his parents' grave in Southampton Old Cemetery but the grave has since been badly damaged. The further whereabouts of his widow is unknown.