Miss Jenny Lovisa Henriksson was born on 21 December 1883 in Österplana, Skaraborg, Sweden.
She was the daughter of Per Henrik Larsson (b. 10 March 1855 at Medelplana, Skaraborg) and Mathilda Charlotta Gustafsdotter (b. 4 September 1854 at Wing, Skaraborg). Her parents had married 14 November 1880.
Her mother died before 1890 and her father married Emma Kristina Pettersdotter on 19 October 1890.
She had a foster sister; Augusta Vilhelmina Alfredsdotter, b. 3 June 1889 at Österplana, Skaraborg, and two brothers; Karl Adolf, b. 30 September 1881, and John Birger, b. 16 January 1887; she also had a half-brother, Gustav Fridolf, b. 14 July 1891 (his mother was Per Henrik's second wfe).
Jenny had been working as a maid to a senior accountant at the National Bank, in Stockholm but she had earlier been housekeeper to the Lustig family in Skara and thus knew the siblings Kurt Arnold Gottfrid Bryhl and Dagmar Bryhl.
She may have lived with her cousin Elin Pettersson and the two had reportedly been enamoured with the idea of settling in America and it was not until the Skoog family, with whom they were related, came back to Sweden from that country but were deciding to return that the two young women elected to travel with them.
Jenny and Elin, along with the Skoog family, boarded the Titanic at Southampton as third class passengers (she travelling on ticket number 347086 which cost £7, 15s, 6d). They were travelling to Olaus Rask, 805 East 2nd Street in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
Jenny died in the sinking. Her body was later recovered (#3) but remained unidentified for many years. The clothes had the mark "J H" and Jenny was the only female passenger on board with those initials. The description includes a cholera belt; despite the name this was simply a long cloth wrapped for support and warmth around the waist. It often had pockets for cash. Her body was taken to Halifax and is buried in Fairview Cemetery, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The Mansion House Fund paid 875.52 Kr (£48) to her parents and a further 911 Kr (£50) damages were paid on 4 May 1914.