Wallasey assisted during Titanic’s sea trials and launch on May 31, 1911 and stood by on her sea trials out of Belfast on 2 April, 1912.
Port of Registry: Liverpool
Flag of Registry: British
Funnel: Buff, black top with white stripe of equal width below, thin white stripe separating white from buff funnel.
Company Flag: White, quartered by a broad red cross, red block letters, one in each quadrant A T )top) C L (bottom)
Signal letters: HJLF Steel hull, sloop rig, one iron deck
Engines: Compound 2 cyc. 16” 42” by 27” stroke 68 RHP
Constructed by G.T. Grey of South Shields
Single Screw, Tonnage: 149 gross, 131 underdeck 1 net
Dimensions: length 92.0 ft. width 20.1 ft. depth 10.9 ft.
1903 Built and engineered by Joseph T. Eltringham Co., South Shields, (yard
1903 Launched in August
1904 1953 renamed Cambrian
1905 1959 broken up at Briton Ferry
© 2004 John P. Eaton all rights reserved.
This item first appeared in Voyage, Journal of the Titanic International Society.
Relates to Ship:
Cite this page
John P. Eaton (2004) Wallasey Voyage (ref: #4101, accessed 26th October 2016 11:09:16 PM) URL : https://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/wallasey.html
Leave a comment
Add a new story to Encyclopedia Titanica
Link to this article
Please link to this page using the following URL
Or copy the link text below
Added to Encyclopedia Titanica Saturday 30th October 2004, last updated Saturday 12th September 2015.