SS United States Lounge

I am sure that I have read about this before at ET, if I am not mistaken, Brian Hawley posted something about this in the past. In Nags Head, North Carolina, there is a restaurant called the Windmill Point that has more memorabilia on the United States oceanliner than any other private collection. This is a very interesting place to see if you get a chance to go to the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

Interesting that you bring this up Darren. I was at Windmill point both Sunday and Monday. The food is great and the place is stuffed with SSUS items. The owner a Doctor out of Norfolk VA purchased over $300,000 worth of items from the auction of fittings held on the SSUS in the mid 1980s. In my profile there is a photo of Me with the SSUS bell the single most expensive item sold from the ship. It went for $30,000.

Brian

Hi Brian, I was there Saturday. I had a good time on the Outer Banks. I saw the outdoor drama "The Lost Colony". I liked this outdoor play better than most of the others around North Carolina. I did not eat at the Windmill Point Restaurant but did look around at all the memorabilia. Its really a very interesting place.

my favorite format of ship images
united states cutaway.jpg

Back