136328.jpg

newpic2.jpg

136329.jpg

maschine.jpg

136330.jpg

newpic4.jpg

136331.jpg

Hello Colin

We have the model of the breaking up is not yet in Crysis but I have here the basic model from Sketchup

Here you see the stern section, however, still not quite perfect

titanic_zerbrochen_heck.jpg

136385.jpg

Her you see the fracture seen from the A deck promenade view

titanic_zerbrochen_bug__heck.jpg

136386.jpg

hi i have registered me to :)
i am Robin usualy known as Professor Exabyte

i am a 3D model designer from ORM yes we use warehouse models but we build the most without using warehouse

here is a picture from the "breakup" öööhm cut view thing [Moderator's note: Removed oversized image. JDT]

What I'm curious about is if you intend to show the interior during the Break-Up. For example, in the first-class dinning saloon, you show the celing cave in and some of the columns snap.

And I really wan't to know if you're going to show the destruction of the Grand Staircase. I've learned from the message boards that as the ship was going down, the hydrodynamic forces in the stairwell churned up the staircase like a gigantic blender. When the ship hit the sea floor, the out going pressure shoots staircase debris out of the now open skylight.

And finally, how in the world did you do a section cut on fsmdf's titanic!? Every time I try to do that, my sketchup stops working. (The model showing the A-Deck Promenade...was that Matthew D.'s model?)

You need a fast PC and even the small group you have in a long work to cut the break to reach

now and a deck hmmm so the window is matthew from the Promenade, Robin even made all fsmdfs model object itself built out of the structure itself ,which has made fsmdf

titanic_zerbrochen_bug__heck2.jpg

136403.jpg

Erm...Robin? Would you be so kind as to put those additions to fsmdf's model on the warehouse? Particularly the interior decks that I can see in Oliver's picture, paaahleeeeeeese? Or even just a teeny...tiny...piece of it? That would be so nice n' wonderful!

what do you mean?

do you want to have parts of the model?

i must say sadly that all parts from the ship (only the parts that are not from fsmdf and other users)
are all copyrighted by orm and so we are not able to give the model to anybody that's because of the copyright thingis later if we have a publisher for selling the game in shops

oh and the model size of our titanic is 140 Megabytes at the moment so its not possible to post anything in the warehouse

sorry about my english its a bit rusty today

oh and please talk to olliver because i don't like this forum and i don't place any pictures anymore because this board rules (picture size, or that i can edit posts only 60 minutes) are so bad that i am not want to use it.

Robin:
Aww. O well.

Oliver:
I just remembered something: I don't mean to bring up a dead subject, but if I may bring up the "can-I-help?" question, I might not be able to model anything for you, but I happen to be very good at writing! I own copies of Walter Lord's "A Night to Remember" and "The Night Lives On", so I could make a kind of script for your 3d characters that you'll eventually have (I hope). What do ya' think?

P.S. Sorry if I come off as persistent. ;) BTW, I hope Robin's post isn't noticed by Mr. Standart! He's probably seething about the so-called "tough rules"! lol

This reminds me of the one liner joke of mine about the Titanic. Sorry if it sounds awful but it has made one of my fellow Titanic enthusiasts laugh out loud.

"I don't know what kinds of jokes the Icebergs tell, But one of them surly got the Titanic all cracked up."

How ever good work on that model. Keep it up.

Back