Titanic: The Final Word with James Cameron (2012)

Ok so, I really like it, watched it again for the 6789th time.
I like how the explain how they want to figure out what happened to Titanic after she left the surface. It helps to have the movie for reference, as well. The first mystery, is mapping out the Debris Field, and we have a 3D Modelled debris field and Bow and Stern. James Cameron tells us the basics, like where the Stern and Bow lie, and individual Debris. They then move down a set of questions, here's some, based off what i can remember:
-What are all the B-Deck Forward Facing Windows broken? Why did the Mast fall back?
-Tower Debris
-Why does the Stern look the way it does?
-Why did Titanic break in two?
-the 2010 GHS Analysis
He says some really cool things like, how they have to work their way through the 100+ years of decay, and work backwards to find out what happened. About an hour and 15 minutes in, we see the 2010 GHS Simulation, or a new one. They find out that Titanic had a maximum of 23 degrees in the air before she broke, and it was right before (Although the forward portion of the Third Funnel uptake is intact on the Bow) or directly under the Third Funnel. Titanic Listed to Port during her final moments, and had listed to Starboard during the First Hour or so. (although she Corrected her list as the Bridge was going under, or as the Boat Deck began to Flood)
The Music is pretty good.
His ending Words are pretty amazing, in my opinion:

"I've been working on Titanic for nearly 20 years. I've planned this investigation to be my final word. It's time for me to pass the baton and move on to some new challenges, but I'll never stop thinking about Titanic. For me, it's so much more than simply an exercise in forensic archeology.
Part of the Titanic parable is of arrogance, of hubris, of the sense that we're too big to fail. Well, where have we heard that one before?
There was this big machine, this human system that was pushing forward with so much momentum that it couldn't turn, it couldn't stop in time to avert a disaster. And that's what we have right now. Within that human system on board that ship, if you want to make it a microcosm for the world, you have different classes. You've got first class, second class, third class. Well, in our world right now, you've got developed nations and undeveloped nations. You've got the starving millions who are going to be the ones most affected by the next iceberg that we hit, which is going to be climate change. We can see that iceberg ahead of us right now, but we can't turn. We can't turn because of the momentum of the system. Political momentum, business momentum. There are too many people making money out of the system the way the system works right now.
And those people, frankly, have their hands on the levers of power and aren't ready to let them go. Until they do, we're not going to be able to turn and miss that iceberg, and we're going to hit it. When we hit it, the rich are still going to be able to get their access to food, to arable land, to water, and so on. It's going to be the poor, it's going to be the steerage that are going to be impacted. And it was the same with Titanic. And I think that's why this story will always fascinate people, because it is a perfect, little encapsulation of the world and all social spectra. But until our lives are really put at risk, the moment of truth, we don't know what we would do.

And that's my final word
."

has anyone else seen this documentary, and what're y'alls thoughts?

It's one of my favourite documentaries, I've watched it a whole bunch of times. I'm always struck by the part where Bill Sauder speaks about the perfumes they recovered from the wreck. It's been almost ten years since I went to the exhibition and smelt them myself, but I can still remember them, so I can only imagine how it must've been to open them for the first time!

It's one of my favourite documentaries, I've watched it a whole bunch of times. I'm always struck by the part where Bill Sauder speaks about the perfumes they recovered from the wreck. It's been almost ten years since I went to the exhibition and smelt them myself, but I can still remember them, so I can only imagine how it must've been to open them for the first time!
It was sad seeing him tear up! Their findings on the physics simulation were great

Back